The MTN Scholarship 2017/2018 Application is on, Check for requirements and method of application here
Application Deadline: Monday, October 09 2017
Benefits: N200,000 covering tuition textbook allowance and stipend
The MTN Foundation Science &Technology Scholarship scheme seeks to attract high performing full time second year students studying in public tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics and colleges of education) in Nigeria. The scholarship provides financial assistance to students who might otherwise be unable to pay for their tertiary education and aims to recognize and reward academic excellence.
A maximum of 500 qualified and successful full-time Nigerian students studying science and technology related courses are awarded the scholarship which covers tuition, book allowance and stipends.
The scholarship is renewed every year until graduation for existing awardees provided they have maintained a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit) while new applications, when advertised, are welcome from full time students in their second year of study.
- 3rd year students from Public Tertiary Institutions with 3.5 CGPA or its equivalent Second Class Upper
- HND Students with a minimum of 3.0GPA (Upper credit) at their OND Programme
Scholarships will be renewed for the existing students who have maintained a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit).
Since 2010, over 5,000 scholarships have been awarded. The scholarships, awarded on an annual basis, is worth N200,000.00 (Two hundred thousand Naira). This covers tuition, book allowances and living allowances for one academic year.
Students studying any of the following courses can apply:
- Agric. Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Electronics
- Computer and Information Science
- Computer and Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics.Computational Modeling
- Pure/Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
How to Apply
- Upload a copy of your recent passport photograph: Maximum file size of 600 KB
The application portal opens on Monday, September 18th 2017 and closes Monday, October 09 2017
Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and MTN Foundation bears sole responsibility for final selection of successful beneficiaries.
For More Information: